I know articles like this have been done over and over in internet land, but almost every day I am just astounded by some of the things I really never thought I’d say – ever – before I had kids.
It can be both the most amusing, and the most frustrating thing in the world, and sometimes it’s hard to know whether to laugh or to scream.
- We don’t shut our sister in the trash can. (followed by “we don’t ever play inside the trash can”) Yes, they really did think the big trash can outside was the most fun ever – until I stopped them. I’m honestly tempted to get a new one for them to play in.
- Don’t eat dog food.
- We don’t wear underwear on our head.
- No, snot it NOT glue. (seriously)
- Don’t sit on your sister’s face. She’ll suffocate.
- Stop putting the pencil in your nose.
- Feeding your dinner to the dog will not get you dessert
- No, people don’t lay eggs.
- Are you seriously wiping snot on my arm?!
- Who hid their apple core under the couch?
Yup. Kids are funny. And gross. 😉
Things I loved this week
The weather of course! The mornings have been chilly enough to make it hard to get out of bed, but the afternoons are gorgeous!
And also, Thieves household cleaner. I didn’t realize how powerful it was until I tried to clean my white cabinets without it earlier this week!
Books the kids are loving
Hedgehog bakes a cake. I love the heart of this story. When all of moles friends come over and try to help him make a cake, things don’t go very well, and after they all leave, he ends up starting a new batch, and cleaning the kitchen by himself. But instead of making his friends feel bad about it, he serves them all a piece of cake and let’s them beam with pride at the great job they’d done. It’s a great character story!
Most popular blog post
Because it’s pumpkin spice season!
Favorite meals and recipes
We made some humdinger recipes this week, and I feel like I’ve gained five pounds from it. My favorite by for though was the Paleo Pumpkin spice waffles with
butter pecan syrup. Oh my goodness, talk about a party in your mouth!
Second Favorite: Easy Chicken with cream sauce. I didn’t have spinach, so we used broccoli, and served it over gluten-free pasta. Yum!
Get Your Garden Cheat Sheets!
Want to know exactly when, where, and how to plant your vegetables? Sign up to get our FREE companion planting guide, and garden planting cheat sheet printable.