Dairy allergies. Aaarrrgh, don’t they just get under your skin?
Fortunately, there are lots of yummy things to make that don’t use dairy – or that can easily be made dairy-free. Like Healthy Almond Joy No-Bake Cookies.
No-bake cookies are at the top of that list (obviously). They are easy to make without dairy products. Super easy!
I use mostly coconut milk in my dairy-free cooking, but for this applications, almond would also be perfect, and nearly any dairy-free milk would work just as well. I even had a friend tell me they used water in theirs and the results were delicious! (I can’t bring myself to try that one though, because my experience with using water in chocolate products is that it makes it taste… thin)
The trick to making vegan no-bake cookies, if you’re not interested in the coconut flavor, is to use expeller pressed coconut oil. Voila – no flavor! And it’s still healthy. Although if you really want to, margarine works just as well. I know because that’s what my mom used to use when I was growing up. These days I hate margarine so much that you won’t find it in any of my recipes, but just so you know, it does work.
Vegan No-Bake Cookies
- Combine first five ingredients.
- Bring to a boil, stirring until sugar is dissolved.
- Let boil for 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add vannilla and nut butter.
- Stir until nut butter is incorporated.
- Stir in rolled oats.
- Drop by the spoonful onto parchment paper or straight onto a cookie sheet (they’ll come off when they’re cool, and you won’t have to “waste” parchment paper!)
- Let cool and enjoy!
Want to Make Healthy Eating Easier?
Download 52 Hacks For A Healthier Life!