This pecan pie baked oatmeal is the perfect way to celebrate fall at breakfast!
Every fall, the world goes crazy for pumpkin pie spice – and I go right along with it! I mean, let’s be honest, who’s gonna pass up a healthy pumpkin pie smoothie?
But I really feel like pecan pie doesn’t get the credit it deserves… and I guess I get it. I mean, it is basically sugar on sugar, topped with pecans.
Which makes it such a special treat every year on the Thanksgiving table.
But it’s so good! Once a year doesn’t seem fair.
So why not reduce the sugar a bit, add some oatmeal, tweak a few things, and serve it for breakfast?
Maybe it’s not something I want to feed the kids every day of the week, but for real, this pecan pie baked oatmeal recipe is a delicious treat!
It’s got that great pecan flavor, with a bit of that gooey pie filling underneath, and mixed in with the oatmeal.
It’s like having my favorite pie for breakfast – and I don’t even have to make a pie crust! Just mix all the ingredients, and toss into a baking dish. It really couldn’t get any easier.
Maybe I don’t have to heat the oven up to make no-bake pumpkin pie energy bites, but on these chilly mornings, I’m looking for an excuse to help warm my kitchen up anyway, and I still get to feed my pumpkin spice obsession with a mug of pumpkin spice hot chocolate, so it’s a win-win.
Pecan Pie Baked Oatmeal Recipe
- 4 medium eggs (my mother-in-law’s flock are laying medium eggs right now, so that’s what this recipe was tested with)
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup milk (almond milk works great for a dairy-free version!)
- 3/4 cup pecans
- 1 cup old fashioned rolled oats.
Preheat oven to 350º
- Beat eggs, and stir in butter, brown sugar, vanilla, salt, and milk.
- Stir in pecans and oatmeal.
- Pour into a greased 8x8 inch baking dish.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes until the middle no longer jiggles.
- Cool for several minutes before serving.
Get The $20 Meal Plan Printable!
Want the printable version of this $20 plan? Sign up to get it WITH a complete shopping list, and meal prep instructions!