Don’t you just love homemade lotion? You rub oils into your skin that not only hydrate, but nourish, and even though you can feel good about rubbing all the lotion you want into your skin, you really don’t need to use as much.
I usually tend to use a combination of homemade baby lotion for my face, and homemade body lotion for everything else, I wanted to make lotion bars for traveling. With our trip to Argentina coming up, I don’t want to be without good lotion for three weeks, and I really want to minimize the number of spillable bottles in my bags, ya know?
And. I. Am. Loving them! My hands feel so silky smoooooth!
On top of that, they were so easy to make, and smell amazing – I can’t wait to give some of them away as gifts!
For the batch you see in these pictures, I used lavender and sweet orange oil to make them relaxing and nice smelling. We fell in love with the orange/lavender combination earlier this summer when we ran out of lemon oil and used orange instead. I swear, I never fell asleep so fast, or felt more relaxed!
- Combine beeswax, shea butter, jojoba, sweet almond, and coconut oil in a heavy duty sauce pan, or double boiler set up
- Gently heat until it’s all melted
- Remove from the heat, and let cool until it’s no longer too hot to touch
- Mix in essential oil
- Pour into mold - I used silicon ice cube trays from Walmart - they divided nicely into six cube/cups to make half inch thick bars.
- Let cool, pop out of mold, and store in a cool place - honestly, my kitchen was about 85º today, and they still set up nicely.
Wouldn't a Cheat Sheet Be Nice?
Leave your email address, and I'll send you a downloadable, printable essential oil cheat sheet so you'll never have to guess what your oils are for again!